This was taken a few years ago, while on a visit to Pilani. Note the blue and yellow colors – that can be interpreted as either giving color to the otherwise plaid looking haveli….or ugly spots inflicted on our cultural heritage by people and system that fails to recognize the importance of preserving it!.
On a side note, I lived in Nawalgarh for the first 3-4 years of my life. Thought I had vague memories, but weirdly, even if I had any…they seem to be juxtaposed on my more recent memories. Or is it the other way round? 🙂
My parents were so excited that I was going to visit the place! It’s such a wonder- they live just about 4 hours from this place…can visit it any time, but would rather get nostalgic about the time they spent 30 years ago in these areas! I wonder if it’s the lack of enthu, the lack of decisive action or a need to preserve your financial resources and not spend them on fanciful trips..that stops them from visiting these places!
During out trip to East Coast in October 2012, I fulfilled my long time desire of seeing the fall colors. It’s funny, how you eventually fulfill your wishes. You might not reach your destination in the way you thought you would, but if you want something strong enough, and are willing to take risks or work hard for it, you will eventually get there.
This pic is to celebrate just that- a fulfillment of wishes.
So Ashima who blogs at My Weekend Kitchen, recently nominated me for this “Very Inspiring Blogger award”! Now, Ashima is a very diligent girl, in addition to being really smart and intelligent. I can imagine her doing this post too with utmost sincerity…
But like a lazy bum that I have always been, I find it quite tough to follow the rules of this nomination- i.e, nominating 15 other bloggers! Maybe the reason being that although I have been around the blogging world since 2004, I have only recently started following some travel bloggers…and since this blog is about travel/photography, I would like to nominate others from these categories. There are some others I would have liked to nominate, of whom Sayesha on the Rocks would take the top spot. However, she is a busy mom right now and so I won’t add her to the list below…but do check out her blog whenever you get time. Her blog acts like a quick anti-depressant, whenever I am feeling the blues!
So finally I have made a list of 15 bloggers I would like to nominate…however, I wonder if they would really find time to do a similar post out of their busy schedule! They are so busy traveling right now 🙂
Anyway, hope some of them do take up this tag/nomination and share some more stuff about themselves.
Here are the rules to participate, once you are nominated:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Post the award image to your page (the initial image on the post).
- Share 7 facts about yoursel
- I (Richa) am a mixture of opposites- reticent and reserved among strangers and a chatter box among people who know me, sticking to my comfort zone and yet seeking new adventures in life, seemingly lazy and yet hard working,..and so on!
- Perhaps this might be because I am a Libran :-). They can’t seem to make up their mind about number of things.
- I am an Engineer-MBA by qualification. I have mostly worked in start-ups doing various things (again, couldn’t make up my mind about what I liked the best!).
- My interest in travel till 2009 was mostly limited to looking up places on the internet and reading stories about places I thought I would one day visit 😀
- In 2008, I met this guy (Tushit) who kindled in my mind an alternate vision of my life- full of travel and new experiences.
- We got married in Dec 2008 and since Jan 2009, I have traveled to 10 countries across 4 continents. Not counting India, which is where I have lived for most of my life. However, numbers don’t reflect much. We went to 7 countries during our 20 day road trip in Europe in 2009.
- I was interested in photography before, but my husband’s love for photography has been infectious. Recently we (err..mostly he!) also started a photography website- http://twistedtripod.com
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated
- Post the rules in your blog post
And here we go!